Martignetti Enterprises, Inc. offers highly competitive salary and benefits and is seeking highly motivated, self-starting individuals for the following positions:
Purchasing Agent and Inventory Control Specialist (Woburn, MA)
Martignetti Enterprises, Inc., one of Greater Boston's largest retailers of masonry, hardscape and landscape supplies, is looking for a motivated individual to join our staff as the Purchasing Agent and Inventory Control Specialist at our Woburn location.
The Purchasing Agent is primarily responsible for implementing and managing an inventory control system, the purchase order system and for purchasing materials. This is a full-time position.
Purchasing Agent and Inventory Control Specialist:
- Manages the accurate and thorough cataloguing of inventory
- Manages the purchase order system
- Monitors inventory levels and orders materials to maintain desired inventory levels.
- Secures and evaluates bids/quotes for inventory materials.
- Provides specifications to potential bidders
- Prepares "Invitation to Bid" and purchase agreements as necessary
- Prepares purchase orders
- Tracks/follows up on shipment and delivery
- Locates and researches new suppliers for existing products.
- Stays current on new products and researches new sources of supply.
- Monitors changes in pricing levels and adjusts changes accordingly in our database (Ponderosa).
- Develops required reports on inventory, cost of goods, etc.
- Arranges with vendors for resolution/replacement of defective items
- Obtains proof of delivery, verifies against purchase order, matches purchase order to invoice, and submits to Accounting Department for payment
- Maintains files of prime vendors, purchase orders, catalogues, brochures and price lists
- Initiates proposals/bids for renewal of existing contracts
- Maintains/updates blanket purchase agreements annually
Additional duties include:
- Supports outside sales
- Perform additional duties as assigned
The Purchasing Agent reports to the Controller and will work closely with the Manager and Yard Manager.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of masonry, hardscape and landscape supplies is MANDATORY.
- Team player with lots of energy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills - specifically Word and Excel. Experience with Ponderosa preferred.
- Well-organized, self-starter and multi-task oriented
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to work weekends as needed
If you meet the qualifications as set forth above and you have the required experience, we're interested in talking to you. Please email your resume along with three job related references to email@example.com. Thank you.
Yard Worker (Woburn, MA)
Martignetti Enterprises, Inc., one of Greater Boston's leading retailers of masonry, hardscape and landscape supplies, is looking for a motivated professional to join our growing operation as a Yard Worker at our Woburn, MA location.
The ideal candidate will be service-oriented, team-oriented and hard working with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. Please note: This is a full-time, physically and mentally demanding position.
The Yard Worker will be expected to provide excellent customer service, maintain a clean and orderly yard and warehouse, load customer vehicles, prepare orders, load our delivery trucks and unload supply trucks. The Yard Worker will report to the Yard Manager.
- Knowledge of masonry, hardscape and landscape products.
- Experience in a warehouse setting.
- Experience operating a fork truck and various types of loaders safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work Saturdays during peak season.
- Ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with our customers and fellow workers.
If you are a hard-working and punctual individual, have what we're looking for and would like to join our winning team, please email your resume or work history information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include at least three work related references. No calls please.
Part-time truck driver (Woburn)
Building supply North of Boston seeks on a part-time basis a high energy, personable professional driver to make deliveries and pick-ups. The driver will also be required to perform other duties as assigned such as helping customers in the yard, unloading delivery trucks, general clean-up of facilities, assisting mechanic with truck and equipment maintenance, etc. This will start as a PART TIME position but may grow into a fulltime position.
- CDL Class B driver with air brake endorsement
- Clean driving record (RMV printout required)
- D.O.T. Medical Card
- Ability to multi-task and lift heavy weights
- Ability to work Saturdays as needed
Employment is contingent upon driver candidate passing a drug test and background check. Experience operating a Moffett or equivalent truck mounted forklift is required. Working knowledge of masonry and hardscape materials is preferred.
Candidate must possess strong communication and customer service skills and a proven ability to complete assigned tasks quickly and accurately.Compensation: $15-16/hr depending on experience, references and ability to help with mechanical maintenance and repairs.
Please email your resume or work history information to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Inside Sales / Counter and phone sales
Primary responsibility will be to generate sales from walk-in and phone customers. Duties include staffing the sales counter, processing sales, answering phones and responding to customer inquiries.
We are looking for motivated and reliable individuals with excellent communication and computer skills. Willing to train, however a basic knowledge of masonry and hardscaping products is preferred. Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, retail environment required. Working on a Saturday is a must. Only dependable, punctual, and well-organized individuals with attention to detail need apply.
Please fax resumes to:
29 High Street
Woburn, MA 01801